In today’s modern times, people are becoming more and more busy with their lives and do not have much time to invest in finding the correct life partner or someone they want to date. This is the reason why online dating sites are becoming incredibly popular especially now. It makes the dating process much easier as you do not have to physically find someone or put any kind of effort. Today the only effort you need to put forward is that you need to have a stable internet connection. That’s literally all!
There are plenty of dating websites available in the market but Tinder and Match are two of the most popular dating apps available. And of course when there are multiple applications, the competition will definitely increase. When popularity is considered, Tinder is definitely the winner because every individual out there who is either a teenager or an adult, Tinder is a known name to everyone.
But a winner cannot just be considered based on which application is more popular right? So in this article, we will thoroughly discuss Tinder vs Match and check out which one is the better option.
What is Tinder and how does it work?
Tinder is an online dating application that basically focuses on the physical attraction between two people. You can set your own specified location range along with the gender. And Tinder will help you find matches within that criteria. It will also let you know whether you and your match have any mutual friends or not. And the decision is totally up to you whether you like that person or not. If you are interested in the profile of that person, you can right swipe on them. And if you are not you simply need to left swipe.
Tinder is a free application, both for Android devices and IOS devices. You can simply download the application from the Google Play Store or App store. You can either sign up for the application by using your Facebook account or through your phone number. In case you choose to sign up using your phone number, you will not be able to use the feature of extracting photos directly from your Facebook account.
After that you just need to create your own profile with name, age and a short bio which you can customise according to what you want to express. All you need to do next is specify the location and the gender along with the age group you are interested in.
If you swipe right on someone’s profile and they do the same to you, you can directly move the conversation to personal messages. Nowadays Tinder has also added prompts which are like quick conversation starters you can directly add to your profile.
Features of Tinder
Tinder has been adding more and more features to attract a higher number of customers. Firstly there is this feature called superlike which is possible when you tap the Blue Star icon while you are swiping on their profile. When you super like any profile, the person will receive an immediate notification that you have super liked their profile and now they have a chance to have a look at yours. But you only get the opportunity to use this feature once per day and hence you have to be extremely careful about it.
There has been another feature which has been added recently called boost. It is a paid one and it will push your profile to the top of the list for around half an hour. This feature is definitely not cheap but it will increase the chances of you getting more matches.
Tinder Plus- Tinder Plus is perfect for you if you are actually serious that you want a match. You have to pay a monthly fee after which you will be able to use Tinder without any and going as coming in between and you will also receive one free boost every month. You can also super like 5 times per day and there is also the rewind button for you to undo your last swipe.
Tinder gold- this is one step ahead of Tinder plus which will give you all the features of Tinder plus along with two interesting editions. One is the Likes You feature which will let you see who has already swiped right on your profile. And another is Top Picks feature. This feature allows you to view a selection of profiles which has been selected especially for you by the Tinder algorithm.
What is Match and how does it work?
Match is one of the oldest online dating websites out there which is being used by more than 24 countries now. One great feature about this application is that there are no restrictions regarding how many people you can connect with. So if destiny allows, you will be able to find someone which matches your interest anywhere and anytime.
You can sign up without any payment on Match but the free membership does not allow you to take advantage of all the amazing features. Using the paid membership, you will be able to send and receive messages and also view the users who have seen your profile.
The paid membership also gives the opportunity to track the different useful connections and you can also delete the users you are not interested in from your search results. This will help you to create space for more matches. You also get access to a private email address which you can use to communicate with the connections privately and securely.
There is also an advanced search feature which lets you sort the user profiles according to different criteria like occupation and even exercise frequency. There are also many interesting features like daily mutual matches, single doubt, smart search, favourites, date spark, highlight messages, and more. The application also has seven games that you can play with the duration of 1 to 5 minutes.
Tinder VS Match- which one to go for?
- The competition is definitely very tough it is extremely hard to come up with one single winner. It is said that match is specially designed for long-term relationships but then Tinder also has been able to create some successful relationships.
- Match has been in the market for a longer period of time as compared to Tinder but Tinder has been more successful in the popularity department.
- Both their applications let you build your profile and choose your preferences. The average age range present in Match application is around 35 to 50 years and it is around 20 to 35 years on Tinder. Match will let you search for certain profiles but Tinder does not have that option. It is said that match is more dedicated towards building relationships while Tinder is mostly used for hookups.
- Coming to the price, you need to pay around 16.99 dollars per month for a year to use even the basic features of Match. However the basic features for Tinder are free.
- The sign up process for Tinder is much faster than in match. So the process of profile building is easier on Tinder.
- The user interface on Tinder is mostly more impulse driven where the picture of the person acts as the determining factor. Hence the chances of forming meaningful relationships on Tinder is somewhat less. On the other hand, on Match, more thought is given on what is written on the profile of the person which is how it is more preferable to create meaningful bonds.
- Another difference is that, on the Tinder app, once two people have matched with each other you do not have to pay any amount to talk to each other. While on match, only the paid members get the access to contact other members on the application.
- The free trial version is available for both the applications so that you can test them out. The full subscription for Match can be a tad bit expensive as compared to Tinder. You can try to be a fully subscribed member only if you are very serious about it. Tinder Plus is also less expensive than Match.
From all the points we have discussed above, it is already pretty clear that each factor has its own winner. When pricing is considered, Tinder is definitely cheaper than match but when features are considered, Match seems to be more worth it.
Ultimately it depends on your intention regarding what you want to use these dating applications for. If you are looking for a more serious and meaningful relationship, Match is the perfect option for you. However if you are looking for a fun night out and casual date, then Tinder could be the one you should go for. However, that said, sometimes Tinder may also lead to genuine relationships, even though these cases seem rare.
Hopefully, this article has been able to give you a clarity about which of the two popular online dating applications is the better one for you.